June is over and it is time for another Links of the month. This issue mostly focuses on Azure Logic Apps, Azure Stream Analytics and the next version of ASP.NET.
The new year has just started, but a lot has happened in just one month, such as a quick look at Windows 10, HoloLens and the Surface Hub. Also a lot of Azure-related happened. Today’s Links of the month will go cover some of them.
This month was an(other) exciting one for all .NET developers, especially the ones working in the open source space. Earlier this year the .NET Foundation showed a way Microsoft could possible go in the future. The connect() event two weeks ago has exceeded the expectations made with the .NET Foundation. This Links of the month will share some posts related to the announcements.
Another month has passed with a lot of great new things to discover. Beginning with this Links of the month I will try to add more interesting content related to things outside of the .NET world, such as Hadoop, Big Data and Machine Learning.
Last month was an amazing month for all who love Microsoft Azure. The release of DocumentDB, some updates to HDInsight and the preview of Microsoft Azure Machine Learning are just a few of these great moments. Some of the announcements can be found in today’s Links of the month, enriched with some articles related to ASP.NET and a very interesting GitHub project.
July is gone for nearly two weeks, but I don’t want to miss to share my favorite links of the month. Today I just have a few links, but believe me … they are great. Most of them are about ASP.NET, such as how you can return raw JSON content from ASP.NET Web API or how you can use integer keys instead of strings in ASP.NET Identity, but I also have two very interesting articles for Visual Studio/TFS for you. One of them talks about my favorite set of technologies (of course Azure) in combination with a great tool I just have played around last week (Visual Studio Release Management).
– Announcing the Release of ASP.NET MVC 5.2, Web API 2.2 and Web Pages 3.2
– ASP.NET Identity 2.0 Extending Identity Models and Using Integer Keys Instead of Strings
– JSON and Microsoft technologies
– Token Based Authentication using ASP.NET Web API 2, Owin, and Identity
– Returning raw JSON content from ASP.NET Web API
– Dependency Injection in ASP.NET vNext
– Composing API responses for maximum reuse with ASP.NET Web API
– Integrate NodeJS tools in Visual Studio / TFS
– How to deploy to Standard or Azure environments in Release Management 2013 with Update 3 RC
– Responsive Dashboard
– AngularJS Style Guide
– Angular Style Guide
– TypeScript – New Compiler and Moving to GitHub
June is already gone and it is time for another bunch of links which I found interesting. They range from (a lot of) ASP.NET articles over TypeScript to some interesting GitHub projects. Also last month the soccer world cup has started. Correspending to this event I added some PowerBI links which explains some collected data related to it.