Last month was an amazing month for all who love Microsoft Azure. The release of DocumentDB, some updates to HDInsight and the preview of Microsoft Azure Machine Learning are just a few of these great moments. Some of the announcements can be found in today’s Links of the month, enriched with some articles related to ASP.NET and a very interesting GitHub project.
July is gone for nearly two weeks, but I don’t want to miss to share my favorite links of the month. Today I just have a few links, but believe me … they are great. Most of them are about ASP.NET, such as how you can return raw JSON content from ASP.NET Web API or how you can use integer keys instead of strings in ASP.NET Identity, but I also have two very interesting articles for Visual Studio/TFS for you. One of them talks about my favorite set of technologies (of course Azure) in combination with a great tool I just have played around last week (Visual Studio Release Management).
– Announcing the Release of ASP.NET MVC 5.2, Web API 2.2 and Web Pages 3.2
– ASP.NET Identity 2.0 Extending Identity Models and Using Integer Keys Instead of Strings
– JSON and Microsoft technologies
– Token Based Authentication using ASP.NET Web API 2, Owin, and Identity
– Returning raw JSON content from ASP.NET Web API
– Dependency Injection in ASP.NET vNext
– Composing API responses for maximum reuse with ASP.NET Web API
May has passed and it is time for my favorite articles of the month. Today I have a lot of stuff related to ASP.NET and its future version. I decided to include valuable AngularJS in future posts, so from now on you will also find some articles covering this topic.
- Release Candidates for ASP.NET MVC 5.2, Web API 2.2. and Web Pages 3.2 by Kanchan Mehrotra
- ASP.NET vNext: the future of .NET on the Server by Xinyang Qiu
- Real-time with ASP.NET SignalR and Azure Mobile .NET Backend by Henrik F. Nielsen
- Developing Secure ASP.NET MVC Applications using ASP.NET Identity 2.0 by Mahesh Sabnis
- ASP.NET vNext on OSX and Linux by Graeme Christie
- LIDNUG – Intro to OWIN and Katana by Brock Allen
- My Switch to Azure Websites by Shawn Wildermuth
- A new API for Visual Studio Online by Brian Harry
- CodeLens for Git in Visual Studio 2013 Ultimate Update 3 by Jean-Marc Prieur
- 10 Angular Tips from TechEd 2014 by John Papa
- Announcing TypeScript 1.0.1 by Ryan Cavanaugh
- Jan (@Horizon_Net)
Another month has past and after Build we had a lot to do (or still have to). The problem is that Microsoft (and especially the Azure team) is still delivering new stuff. Today I have some interesting readings from April. It ranges from ASP.NET Identity over Application Insights to the announcement of TypeScript 1.0 … and of course the newest releases on Microsoft Azure.
March has passed as quick as no other month in the last time. With the Global Windows Azure Bootcamp last Saturday the workshop and training series started. Nevertheless, here are my favorite readings from March. For the last time you will see the category Windows Azure. More information on that in a minute.
Another month has passed and today I have a lot of articles about ASP.NET and its Identity framework for you. And, as always, there is a little bit of Windows Azure.
The year has just started and there are already new things you can investigate. Today I’m presenting some articles from January which I think are worth reading. This month they are mostly focused on ASP.NET Identity, an authentication framework, which helps to build secure applications more easily.