This month was an(other) exciting one for all .NET developers, especially the ones working in the open source space. Earlier this year the .NET Foundation showed a way Microsoft could possible go in the future. The connect() event two weeks ago has exceeded the expectations made with the .NET Foundation. This Links of the month will share some posts related to the announcements.
- Announcing Open Source of .NET Core Framework, .NET Core Distribution for Linux/OSX, and Free Visual Studio Community Edition
- Open Source .NET – why should you care?
- Getting ASP.NET vNext running on a Mac! Shazam
- Creating an ASP.NET vNext Docker Container using Mono
- Exciting Things About ASP.NET vNext Series: Middlewares and Per Request Dependency Injection
- Formatters in ASP.NET MVC 6
- Working with Sass Stylesheets in ASP.NET MVC Applications and Visual Studio
- Gettings started with ASP.NET 5 MVC 6 Web API & Entity Framework 7
- Running ASP.NET on a Raspberry Pi with Mono and OWIN
- Content negotiation in MVC 6 (or how can I just write JSON)
- Announcing Azure SDK 2.5 for .NET and Visual Studio 2015 Preview
- Azure HDInsight clusters can now be customized to run a variety of Hadoop projects including Spark and R Modules
- Azure DocumentDB – Bulk Add Documents and Query Syntax Highlighting
- Working with Dates in Azure DocumentDB
- From Data to Operationalized ML in 60 Minutes!
- AzureML Web Service Parameters
- New Developer and Debugging Features for Azure WebJobs in Visual Studio
- Contributing to a GitHub open source project (from a Visual Studio developer perspective)
- Hadoop Tile Renderer